Stop mold before it starts to grow!
Mold is as old as the Earth and it’s everywhere. Under the right set of conditions,
it can actually start to grow inside your home. Some types of mold even contain
mycotoxins (toxins produced by fungus-type organisms) which can be hazardous to your health.
Molds do not require water to grow. They only require relative humidity
levels over 65%. If you keep the humidity low enough, you can prevent
mold growth. Maintaining relative humidity below 50% will inhibit mold
and mildew growth, dust mite infestations, and bacteria.
To prevent mold and damp patches you first need to know that the
potential for a problem exists. Using a Swiss precision sensor allows
the electronic Mold Alert® Thermo-Hygrometer to give accurate
measurements when checking a room’s ambient condition.
The Mold Alert Thermo-Hygrometer allows you to monitor some of the
key factors in the home that can lead to mold, dust mites, and bacteria:
- Precision Swiss hydrometer
- Built-in audible and visual alarm alerts you to mold growth
- Room Temperature
- Indoor Relative Air Humidity
- Dew Point
- Maximum and minimum values with reset feature
- On/Off switch for audio alarm
- Model: P0270
- Relative Humidity: 1% to 99% RH, accuracy ±3%
- Room Temperature: 14°F to 140°F, accuracy ±1%
- Display: User selectable F° or C°, Min/Max values
- Batteries: 2 x AA (not included)
- Weight: 4.8 oz.
- Dimensions: 3 3/4"H x 3 3/4"W x 2 1/2"D